Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's a delicious cookie made with bananas. Came from my mechanic, if you can believe that.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add butter or margarine. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes.
Simply delicious. I added 1 cup chopped walnuts. Frosted them with vanilla buttercream frosting topped with chopped walnuts. Posted a picture. This one is a keeper. Better than banana bread.
The only reason I'm giving this recipe two stars was ease of preparation. I followed the recipe exactly, the first pan of cookies came out very crispy on the top and dark brown on the bottom. For the second/third pan I took them out at 10 minutes instead of 12 which helped; they were a bit less brown and crispy. As for flavor...too floury and not enough banana. If you want a soft moist cake-like cookie as I did, this IS NOT the recipe for you. I will not be making these again.
This recipe is good but you can taste baking soda in the cookie try reducing the amount of baking powder in it