Here's a delicious cookie made with bananas. Came from my mechanic, if you can believe that.
Make and share this Classic Banana Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add butter or margarine. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes.
Simply delicious. I added 1 cup chopped walnuts. Frosted them with vanilla buttercream frosting topped with chopped walnuts. Posted a picture. This one is a keeper. Better than banana bread.
I made more of these cookies today but added 6oz. of fresh blueberries to the batter. Yummy!
Was looking for something simple to do with super ripe bananas other than banana bread. I only had a few ingredients so I was so thrilled to find this recipe! I liked them and so did my husband (good news is I had no reaction whatsoever to the bananas!). The big test is whether or not my kiddos will like them. I'm sure they will!