1/6 Photos of Classic Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Janet W's Note:
I found this in the Sept. 2003 Issue of Cooking Light. I did make one small change and used vanilla yogurt instead of plain (only because I didn't have any plain) This is a very moist bread and not difficult to make either.....I hope that you will ENJOY
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- 3Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 4Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute) Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add banana,yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- 6Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- 7Spoon batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack and then remove from pan.
- 10Cool completely on wire rack.
- 11Cool completely on wire rack.
- 12Makes 1 loaf.
- 13Makes 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 194.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g