Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple, yet delicious recipe for Banana Bread! My mom used this recipe all the time when we were growing up, and we ate it for breakfast, snack, or dessert. It fills your house with that yummy Banana Bread smell, and uses up those ripe bananas. Add nuts or chocolate chips if you'd like.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable, safflower, light olive)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ripe banana (or 3 medium)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt - in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then add oil, milk, and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring constantly to mix batter.
- Pour into pan and bake 55 - 65 minutes.
- Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Remove bread from pan, and place on a cooling rack to cool evenly.