Recipe by greyghost
PERFECTLY YUMMY corn pudding - couldn't find one quite like it on the Zaar - so had to post this one - divine!!!! Found on recipe goldmine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk (1 quart)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (1 lb) bagsfrozen whole kernel corn, THAWED
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch (3 quart) baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cooke 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Add milk and cook 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until thick.
- Gradually add eggs and cheese.
- Add corn and parsley.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and the 3 TBS of melted butter.
- Sprinkle over corn mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 55-65 minutes.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.