Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Found in Donna Hays Oct / Nov 2012 magazine. I just love baked cheese cake. Comfort food at its best.
- 40 g ground almonds
- 105 g flour, plain white
- 55 g caster sugar
- 90 g butter, unsalted and chopped
- 330 g cream cheese, softened
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 295 g caster sugar, extra
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- raspberries, fresh
- blueberries, fresh
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Place the ground almonds, flour sugar and butter in a bowl and rub with your finger tips to form a rough dough.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20 cm-round spring form tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, ricotta, eggs, second measure of sugar, lemon juice and rind and vanilla in a food processor. Combine the cornflour and water in a small bowl until smooth and add to the cheese mixture. Process until smooth.
- Grease the sides of the cake tin with butter and pour the filling over the base. Tap the tin lightly to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and allow the cake to cool in the oven with the door closed for an hour.
- Refrigerate until cold. Top with raspberries and blueberries and dust with icing sugar to serve,.