1/1 Photo of Classic Béchamel Sauce
Making Béchamel sauce is quite easy and tastes GREAT! This is a very useful recipe if you want to make macaroni gratin, lasagna or chicken/fish with white sauce. It brings a big flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a pot over low heat.
- 2Add flour slowly while stirring as to not burn.
- 3Add 400ml milk in to the pot little by little.
- 4Add a bouillon cube and keep stirring till it melts and becomes as thick as custard cream.
- 5Turn off the heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Béchamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 679.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g