1/2 Photos of Classic Asparagus Frittata
This frittata takes only six ingredients usually found on hand. It's so easy to put together. Though I've only made it with Jarlesberg Swiss, you can use your favorite cheese(s) such as fontina, mozzarella, provolone, jalapeno jack, asiago; or a combination of a couple. I increase the olive oil to a tablespoon. Recipe from Simply Recipes online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan.
- 2Add onions and salt and cook until onions are soft, about 3-mins.
- 3Add asparagus. Cover and reduce heat to med-low.
- 4Cook until asparagus are barely tender, 5-6 minutes.
- 5** preheat broiler while asparagus are cooking.
- 6Pour eggs over asparagus and cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 2-mins.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over eggs and put under broiler. Broil until cheese is melted and lightly brown, about 3 minutes.
- 8Remove frittata from oven, gently loosen the edges, then slide frittata onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Asparagus Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 241.2 mg
- Sodium 318.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g