Recipe by justcallmetoni
I found this recipe while searching for new dishes to introduce for the Zaar World Tour of 2005. With the holidays coming up, I've decided to post it though it is as of yet untried. Use the shredding attachment on the food processor to quickly shred the apples. You can also grind or chop them. Don't refrigerate more than two hours before serving or the haroset will be too watery.
Top Review by YumYum4TheTumTum
I followed this recipe but added in some brown sugar and increased the wine, honey and cinnamon until it was sweetened to perfection. I served these with Tam Tam crackers and everybody kept saying it tasted like apple pie. It was so good. Thanks for a great recipe that I will be making every passover.
- 2 cups shredded peeled gala apples (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup shredded peeled granny smith apple (about 8 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sweet red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon