Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the way I have prepared my Charosis for the last 30 odd years. Originally in the Fairmount Temple Cookbook. My children liked this after the seder, during the week.
- 2 cups shredded peeled gala apples (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup shredded peeled granny smith apple
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 -4 tablespoons sweet concord wine (I use Manishewitz)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate 2 hours in an airtight container.
- *If you refrigerate, too far in advance, it will get watery.
Just what I wanted. I whipped it up in seconds in the food processor. I did not even peel the apples.
I made this last year and never rated it, sorry. This is exactly what it says, Classic Apple Charoset. Very much what I remember as a kid and I'll be making it this yea again. Thanks for posting it.