Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my daughter's recipe. When I need a break from making supper, I ask her to make her Alfredo sauce. I can't imagine ever buying a package of Alfredo sauce ever again. This one is just too good!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat cream to boiling (ensuring not to burn).
- Reduce heat to medium; gradually stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add butter, 1 tbsp at a time, stirring.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups sauce or enough to serve over 1 1b cooked pasta.
- To serve, sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese.
this is exactly what i was looking for..too lazy to pull out the recipe. except too this i add red pepper chopped fine and brocolli. and all cream sauces taste great with a little pinch of fresh nutmeg. just kicks it up, flavor wise. thanxs
For something made in this quickly this was very good. It thickens well upon standing and with an added sprinkling of parmesan you can't beat it for a quick lunch, TFS.