Recipe by French Tart
Aïoli is a Provencal garlic sauce (the name Aïoli is Provençal) used, like a mayonaise, on a variety of dishes, but delicious in fish stews, soups, fresh vegetables and roasted vegetables.
Top Review by lauralie41
I had a can of green beans and white potatoes that I served FT's aioli with. A great way to have a dressed up side dish! If you really enjoy a big garlic flavor you will love this. I chopped the garlic finely and placed in the food processor with the salt. Pulsed a few times than added some olive oil to make a heavy paste. Added this to a bowl than added the egg yolks a bit more salt and the rest of the olive oil. If possible do use fresh lemon juice as it adds a wonderful flavor to the aioli. Spooned the sauce over the green beans and potateos, so good! Thank you sweetie for posting this recipe.
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 500.0 ml olive oil
- 1 egg yolk, raw
- 1 egg yolk, cooked
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice, plus more
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar, crush the garlic into a fine paste with the salt.
- Add the egg yolks and salt lightly again if needed.
- Mix in the olive oil very slowly until you obtain a smooth paste and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the lemon juice to taste and continue to mix to achieve a smooth emulsified sauce.