Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aïoli is a Provencal garlic sauce (the name Aïoli is Provençal) used, like a mayonaise, on a variety of dishes, but delicious in fish stews, soups, fresh vegetables and roasted vegetables.
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 liter olive oil
- 1 egg yolk, raw
- 1 egg yolk, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- In a mortar, crush the garlic into a fine paste with the salt.
- Add the egg yolks and salt lightly again if needed.
- Mix in the olive oil very slowly until you obtain a smooth paste and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the lemon juice to taste and continue to mix to achieve a smooth emulsified sauce.
I had a can of green beans and white potatoes that I served FT's aioli with. A great way to have a dressed up side dish! If you really enjoy a big garlic flavor you will love this. I chopped the garlic finely and placed in the food processor with the salt. Pulsed a few times than added some olive oil to make a heavy paste. Added this to a bowl than added the egg yolks a bit more salt and the rest of the olive oil. If possible do use fresh lemon juice as it adds a wonderful flavor to the aioli. Spooned the sauce over the green beans and potateos, so good! Thank you sweetie for posting this recipe.
This is for garlic lovers!!!!! Served over roasted asparagus. I used roasted garlic not fresh and was yummy!