1/3 Photos of Classic 7-Up Pound Cake
1 hr 45 mins
This is an outstanding pound cake and one I have made many times in the past, follow the steps properly and you will have pound cake like no other!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- 3In a large bowl combine butter, shortening, 3 cups sugar (use only 3 cups sugar) vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- 4Sift the flour and salt together.
- 5Add eggs, 7-up, and the flour mixture to the butter mixture, using the following directions:.
- 6This method must be followed; add 1 egg in at a time; then add a bit of Seven-Up, then a bit of the flour mixture, then a bit more of Seven-Up; repeat until all the eggs, flour mixture and 1 cup Seven-Up is used up (you will use the remaining 1/4 cup for glaze).
- 7Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 8Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup Seven-Up soda.
- 12Spread the glaze mix over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic 7-Up Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.0
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g