I found this recipe on the net, in response to a "Request a recipe" post. It's very similar to a cake my grandmother used to make. The recipe makes 10-12 servings, so I will have to wait for an occasion to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -15 slices panettone or 12 -15 slices pandoro (sliced fairly thin)
- 1 cup almond Marsala or 1 cup Amaretto or 1 cup brandy (may be used)
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1Line a 1 1/2 quart bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
- 2In large bowl with an electric mixer, whip ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until creamy.
- 3Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- 4Cut Panettone slices diagonally and place into bowl setting the tips meeting at the bottom and covering the sides of the bowl, overlapping slightly.
- 5Sprinkle generously with Marsala.
- 6Spoon about 1/2 of ricotta mixture into bowl and top with Panettone slices.
- 7Sprinkle with more Marsala.
- 8Top with rest of ricotta, top with Panettone, sprinkle with Marsala, pushing firmly with even pressure so that cake compresses and conforms to bowl.
- 9Bring up plastic wrap around sides to seal cake in bowl.
- 10Refrigerate overnight.
- 11The next day peel back plastic wrap; invert bowl into serving dish.
- 12Frost with Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Claro's Zucotto (Panettone Cake with Ricotta and Marsala Wine)
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 90.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: