Ever been intimidated by a recipe that calls for clarified butter? No need! It's not a difficult process at all...
My Private Note
- 1Cut the butter into 1-inch pieces.
- 2Heat the butter over low heat in a copper bottomed saucepan.
- 3When butter has melted, remove it from the heat and let stand for 4 minutes.
- 4Careful not to disturb the layers of melted butter, pour all of it through two layers of cheesecloth; discard the solids and froth that are left on the cloth.
- 5The remaining butter is clarified!
- 6Keep chilled until use; clarified butter can be stored in the refrigerator, staying chilled in an airtight container, for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clarified Butter (How to Clarify Butter)
Serving Size: 1 (1 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g