Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ever been intimidated by a recipe that calls for clarified butter? No need! It's not a difficult process at all...
- unsalted butter
- Cut the butter into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the butter over low heat in a copper bottomed saucepan.
- When butter has melted, remove it from the heat and let stand for 4 minutes.
- Careful not to disturb the layers of melted butter, pour all of it through two layers of cheesecloth; discard the solids and froth that are left on the cloth.
- The remaining butter is clarified!
- Keep chilled until use; clarified butter can be stored in the refrigerator, staying chilled in an airtight container, for up to a month.