Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one is for DH when he needs a "junk food" fix. Actually, this could be made a bit healthier with low-fat ingredients options! You could probably add any "pizza" ingredients to your taste.
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pasta sauce or 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (use a good melt-able blend)
- 15 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped in half
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a non-stick pot, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Spray the pot with some cooking spray. Add green pepper, tomato, and pepperoni. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Add macaroni and sauce and heat through. (You may want to add more sauce depending on your taste.).
- Add cheese and stir until melted, mixed, and heated through.
- Top with parmesan or red pepper flakes to taste!
I tripled this for an entree size and used less cheese (we like a light amount of cheese on our pizza) and just used parmesan. I took your suggestion and added what I like on pizza - olives (instead of the green pepper). It came out really good. The pepperoni really does make it taste like pizza.
Loved it! I've used similar recipes, but this one is the best by far. Used whole grain mac and my family didn't even notice. I used a little extra cheese and pep to satisfy my hubby. Great!
This was so tasty and so fast! The only change I made was to use whole wheat penne which made it a little healthier and a little fancier. Love that I can make this pizza tasting quickie that feels like it is really fattening when it is not! DH loved it too but wanted less bell pepper- he is so veggiephobic! lol Thanks for a fantastic fast dish! I can see myself definitely making this again and hiding all kinds of veggies in it- What dh doesnt know won't hurt him! hehehe