Recipe by yogiclarebear
This one is for DH when he needs a "junk food" fix. Actually, this could be made a bit healthier with low-fat ingredients options! You could probably add any "pizza" ingredients to your taste.
Top Review by Maito
I tripled this for an entree size and used less cheese (we like a light amount of cheese on our pizza) and just used parmesan. I took your suggestion and added what I like on pizza - olives (instead of the green pepper). It came out really good. The pepperoni really does make it taste like pizza.
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pasta sauce or 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (use a good melt-able blend)
- 15 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped in half
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick pot, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Spray the pot with some cooking spray. Add green pepper, tomato, and pepperoni. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Add macaroni and sauce and heat through. (You may want to add more sauce depending on your taste.).
- Add cheese and stir until melted, mixed, and heated through.
- Top with parmesan or red pepper flakes to taste!