Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another recipe from Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries series.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso (or instant coffee crystals)
- 1⁄4 cup espresso, cooled
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. If water is required in mix directions, reduce the amount by half.
- In a separate cup, dissolve instant coffee crystals in the espresso and add vanilla.
- Stir coffee, walnuts and chocolate chips into batter. Transfer to a greased pan and bake according to package directions.