Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was in one of Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse mysteries and it sounds wonderful.
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup espresso, strongly brewed e
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup espresso
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine walnuts, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into 9-inch springform pan and press onto bottom. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine cream cheese and the rest of the cup of sugar. Mix until light and fluffy and completely combines.
- Add flour and eggs, one at a time.
- Add sour cream and cinnamon.
- Dissolve the instant coffee into the espresso, then add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pan and bake for approximately one hour. Shake gently to test. Cake will be firm when done. Top will be lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine remaining ingredients, heat and stir until melted. Drizzle topping over cooled cheesecake. Chill before serving.