Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have no idea how this recipe got its name, nor do I know where I got it from. It is one of those you find in a drawer written on a piece of yellowed paper! I love simple hearty recipes. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb sausage links
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- Cut sausage into 1/8 inch round slices and cook till brown.
- Add ground beef and cook till brown.
- Drain the meats.
- Add remaining ingredients except macaroni and bring to a boil.
- Add the macaroni and simmer, covered till done.
This snazzy little recipe takes me back to the days when all 4 of us kids were home, and Mom had to rustle up some kinda grub for dinner! Basic ingredient dish, and plenty to go around! My kinda cookin'! Thanks, BT, it's every bit as good as it is easy ... Me 'n "Clara" have a permanent relationship! Laudee