1/3 Photos of Clapshot (Potatoes, Carrots & Rutabaga)
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is a very intriguing dish. The flavours blend so well it is hard to identify any one of the componants; instead it seems like some new, mysterious veggie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the rutabaga and cut it in thin slices.
- 2Put it in a large pot with plenty of water and bring it to a boil.
- 3Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut them in thick slices.
- 4When the rutabaga has been cooking for about 10 minutes, add the carrots.
- 5Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, and cut them into large chunks.
- 6When the rutabaga has been cooking for 20 minutes (total) add the potatoes, and cook for about another 20 minutes.
- 7When all the vegetables are tender, drain them and mash them with the butter, salt and pepper.
- 8These are delicious mashed somewhat coarsely and served as-is.
- 9You can also purée them very well, beat in the egg, and turn them into a buttered casserole dish, then bake them until lightly toasted on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clapshot (Potatoes, Carrots & Rutabaga)
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 687.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g