Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old family recipe. Great over cooked rice.
- 4 dozen clams (your favorite kind)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 limes, the juice
- olive oil
- Scrub the clams under running water and soak them in salt water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and clams.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, stirring often to open the clams.
- Add the lime juice, wine, parsley, water and bread crumbs.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
I have a lot of recipes for white clam sauce, each one wonderful, but this is really innovative -- and good. The lime juice is what makes it special. I served this over linguine and everybody loved it.