1/1 Photo of Clams With Tomato and Basil
A Lidia Bastianich recipe that was adapted from a website that showcases many great chef's recipes. Posted for 2006 Zaar World Tour - Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1360.77 g littleneck clams, washed and brushed
- 118.29 ml dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 473.18 ml lidia's flavors of italy tomato sauce, with basil or 473.18 ml tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 scallions
- 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried, and cut into very thin strips, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1In a large and wide heavy casserole or dutch oven, over a medium flame, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, stirring for approximately 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper flakes, stir, than add the clams and wine. Place a lid on the pot, turn flame to high, and cook shaking the pot occasionally for approximately 7 minutes or until clams begin to open.
- 2Pour in tomato sauce, add scallions and basil. Stir well and bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer clams to a serving platter and discard any unopened shells. Spoon sauce over the clams and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clams With Tomato and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 835.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 45.4 g