Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 3 dozen littleneck clams or 3 dozen cherrystone clams
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 8 ounces green linguine (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 hot red chili peppers (optional) or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub clams; cover with water and vinegar.
- Let stand 30 minutes; drain and rinse.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions so that its completion coincides with the rest of preparation.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add garlic and hot pepper.
- Saute gently about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and clams.
- Cover and simmer 6 to 10 minutes until clams open.
- Serve over cooked pasta.