Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious recipe from Coastal Living.
- 3 lbs littleneck clams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 slices lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon wedge, fresh herbs
- Scrub clams well with a brush; discard opened or cracked clams or any heavy ones (indicating they're filled with sand).
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and red pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add wine, lemon rind, and thyme; bring to a boil. Add clams; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 6 minutes or until clams open. Spoon into individual bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish, if desired.