Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Husband and I have this in one of our favorite Portuguese restaurant. Make sure you have some Portuguese bread to dip into the yummy, salty, garlicy juices.
- 3 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 7 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 sliced leeks or 1 onion
- 1 chili pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use Fresh Herb Butter recipe 82424)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slice, for garnish
- In a large pan fry chorizos till lightly browned.
- Add butter, leeks, chili, bay leaf, garlic saute for 3 minutes add wine, diced tomatoes, and bay leaf bring to a boil.
- Add the clams cover and steam for 5 minutes till all are opened.
- Throw out any that do not open.
- Garnish with lemons and parsley.
- Serve with bread to soak up the juices.
I have had this recipe in my "to make" list for awhile and I finally got around to making it. Super easy and tons of flavor. My daughter loved it as well.
This was simply fantastic! Made this for dinner tonight. Will definitely make it again. Thanks.
My husband had something similar at a restaurant near our house. I served this over rigatoni and it was quite nice. Makes a great starter at a dinner party.