Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From "Tapas for a Crowd", Good Food Magazine, June 1986. Preparation time does not include 2 hours chilling time.
- 4 ounces chorizo sausages, casings removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 dozen small clams, in shells scrubbed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage, onion, and bay leaves in hot oil until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine and 1 Tablespoon cilantro.
- Cover skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer until sausage is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange clams in skillet in single layer.
- Replace cover and cook, shaking pan once or twice, until clams open, 5-7 minutes.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Let cool slightly.
- Remove top shells from clams and discard.
- Detach clams from bottom shells and arrange in shells on serving platter.
- Spoon sausage mixture over clams.
- Refrigerate loosely covered 2 hours.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.