Shellfish lovers will enjoy this flavourful recipe for clams cooked in a piquant sherry-flavoured sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the clams in cold water for an hour to help remove any sand or grit inside them.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan until hot but not smoking hot.
- 3Add the garlic and onion and reduce the heat. Fry, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the chili and bay leaves and fry, stirring now and then, for a further 2-3 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- 5Drain the soaking clams and add to the saucepan. Increase the heat to high and pour in the sherry.
- 6Cover the pot and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pot once or twice.
- 7Uncover the saucepan, check that the clams have opened and, using a slotted spoon, remove the clams from the pot. Place the clams in a warm serving bowl, cover and set aside.
- 8Meanwhile, briskly cook the sherry in the saucepan until reduced by a third. Stir in the paprika.
- 9Pour the sherry sauce over the clams, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clams in Sherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.8 mg
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 33.4 g