Recipe by Norelllaura1
I got bored with the regular steamers and decided to experiment a bit. I had some roasted vegetable stock and some fresh herbs and lemon, along with a bottle of beer and yuuummmmy
Top Review by susie cooks
Great clams! I halved the recipe. I really could taste the lemon and old bay seasoning. The fresh herbs added great flavor. I think the roasted veggie broth was a nice addition. I used a mexican dark beer. I will make this again
- 2 -3 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 quart roasted vegetable stock
- 12 ounces dark beer (regular can be used)
- 1 elephant garlic clove, very large
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot place vegetable stock, beer, garlic, basil leaves, oregano, Old Bay Seasoning and lemon.
- let simmer for 15 minutes and add clams.
- Cover and let steam until clams just begin to open.
- Scoop out clams and broth, serve with garlic bread or crusty french bread to sop up juices.
- A little fresh grated parm. cheese is excellent sprinkled on top of clams and broth.