Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious morsels to serve as a starter or appetizer. Adapted from Canadian Living mag. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
- Cut prosciutto into strips. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; fry prosciutto until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- To the pan, add garlic, half of the parsley and the hot pepper flakes; fry for 1 minute. Add wine; bring to boil over medium high heat, add clams, cover and steam until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Sprinkle with prosciutto and remaining parsley.
- Ladle clams into small bowls and offer plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.
Awesome! Made this on a whim because the clams looked great and we were having people over. Turns out, I didn't have parsley, but used cilantro and basil instead...fabulous! All but a couple of the kids loved them, even the newbie (to clams). I would suggest using a little more wine so that there is a little more sauce to go around.
I chose to make this dish for my stepsons birthday dinner. He thanked me so many times for making this for him. Compliments like this says it all. I will be making this dish again for my family and friends. 10 stars.
Fantastict! I just made this for my family. It's a great recipe I added more garlic because we love it, and I just kinda poured in wine till my spirit told me to stop lol. I love how quick it was to make, it's an excellent 30 minute or less meal. If you love clams you should definetly try this. Next time i'll remeber to buy the parsely when I get my clams.