Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Clams are my favorite thing to eat. I got this recipe years ago from a cooking class i took.
Make and share this Clams in a Spicy Broth recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs manila clams
- 3 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 chipotle chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean clams to remove sand and grit.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over high heat until clams open.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Susie, I have just 1complaint 2make about this recipe. It didn't make enough! Holy most excellent way 2make clams ever batgirl! OMFG! Very delicious. Made exactly the way you advised and could not find anything wrong whatsoever w/this recipe. I will make this recipe again very soon, w/triple the clams! 2thumbs up on this one!
Was a little hesitant about making this recipe (To the best of my knowledge, I've never had clams!), but then decided to just jump in & do it! So glad I did, since the preparation was very easy & the clams sooooo satisfying! Will definitely be enjoying these again ~ Thanks for opening my eyes, Susie! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the FAMILY PICKS part of ZWT5]