"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This is a variation of clams casino made by Venus De Milo Restaurant. For over 45 years, Venus de Milo Restaurant has been recognized as one of the premier restaurants in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and is capable of hosting banquets up to 2000 people! It is also famous for one of it's chefs, Emeril Lagasse, who worked their after culinary school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sautee the bacon over a medium fire until it begins to brown.
- 2Add the garlic and the vegetables and sauté until the vegetables begin to wilt.
- 3Remove from the fire.
- 4In a double boiler melt the butter.
- 5Skim the clear butter off of the top with a ladle and place in a measuring cup discarding the milky portion that remains.
- 6Crush 1-1½ sleeves of Ritz Crackers and measure off 2 cups.
- 7Combine ½ cup of drawn butter with 2 cups of Ritz Crackers.
- 8Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- 9Combine the Ritz Cracker and butter mixture with the vegetable mixture.
- 10To make Clams Casino: Wash and open little neck clams being careful to retain as much of the juices as you can. This is accomplished by not tipping the clams. Stuff the clams with casino topping and place a small square of raw bacon on top. Broil in a 375° F oven until the crumbs are brown and the bacon is crispy. Serve with cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clams Casino Venus De Milo
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.9
- Calories from Fat 761
- Total Fat 84.6 g
- Saturated Fat 50.1 g
- Cholesterol 234.3 mg
- Sodium 752.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g