Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love this recipe. I could make a meal out of these alone. And I often do! I have also used this recipe on oysters and mussels, but clams are my favorite.
- rock salt
- 2 dozen cherrystone clams
- 6 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Open the clams, reserving the best 2 dozen shells.
- Spread a layer of rock salt in the bottom of a pie pan and push shells into it.
- Fry the bacon till all the fat is rendered (do not fry crisp), then place it on paper towel and press out any remaining fat.
- Chop into fine pieces.
- Mix the butter with the bacon, shallots, green pepper, pimento, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce.
- Put 1 clam in each shell that you have reserved and top with a dollop of the butter mixture.
- Broil under hot broiler for 5-10 minutes or until butter is sizzling and the bacon pieces are crisp.
I can't beleive I havent rated this recipe yet... sorry! This is my 'go to' recipe for clams casino and I always get huge compliments. The ONLY difference is I add a little thyme and a sprinkle of breadcrumb. Thank you for sharing, this terriffic casino recipe