Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a good friend of my mom's. You control the heat level by the amount of red pepper flakes you use.
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, chopped (reserve liquid)
- 3 small onions, chopped (or 1 large)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons bacon, crumbled (6-8 slices)
- red pepper flakes
- Saute onions and peppers in butter and clam liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 9x9" square baking dish.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 30 minutes. (Cover dish with foil so it doesn't get too brown and crispy, uncover for the last 8-10 minutes).
- Serve with crackers.