Recipe by chia
this can be made with mussels too, i had a similar dish recently while vacationing in the caribbean.
Top Review by maryrepper
I loved this BUT they left me to wonder when I added the olive oil and scallions, I added it as it started to simmer.The flavors were incredible, also didn't have black beans but used pintos instead. I am trying to decide when I can add this to a dinner party menu. It is a keeper.
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 6 clove garlic, chopped
- 1814.36 g clams, scrubbed
- 3 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, diced
- 236.59 ml diced butternut squash
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 473.18 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml cooked black beans
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, cut in wedges,for garnish
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 sprig parsley, chopped
- 4 sprig cilantro, chopped or 4 sprig basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- in a dutch oven heat bacon, stirring until it begins to get crispy.
- add garlic and cook for a few minutes until golden.
- add clams, ginger, jalapenos, squash, tomatoes, wine, stock and water, bring to a boil, then simmer until clams open, about 8-10 minutes.
- fold in black beans, mangoes, lime juice, parsley and cilantro.
- garnish with lime wedges and serve in bowls.