Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I honestly don't know where this recipe gets its name, but I do know that it is one of my absolute favorite hot appetizer dips. My Aunt Antoinette brought this to holiday gatherings when I was a kid, and I always looked forward to it. I finally was able to pry the recipe out of her (she does not give them up easily), and have been able to share this with friends and family myself.
Top Review by Annacia
I cut the amount in half and made it todays lunch with a small salad. 3 of us wiped it out with no difficulty at all and we all agreed that it has to make a return performance :D. If you like clams this is a must try. It simple to make and I would have no hesitation in serving it to guests. I used garlic herb crackers to dip in. Made for ZWT 8.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (plus additional)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cracker meal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan. Add onion and saute lightly. Add clams with juice, cracker meal, and bread crumbs. Mix well. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley.
- Place in a greased 1-quart casserole. Dot with butter. Pour cream on top. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- When finished, stir cream in well and serve with crackers. Enjoy!