I dont know where the name came from, but this sandwich is great dispite whatever first impressions you get from it. My dad and I make these on cold winter days, and they cant be beat. They're fine for any meal of the day too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and put on medium-high heat.
- 2Beat together egg and milk (and cinnamon and sugar if desired).
- 3Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture to coat and place it in the pan.
- 4You may need more egg mix to do both slices, but this is usually enough.
- 5Cook until toast is browned on one side, then flip.
- 6Cook on the other side until done in the middle and browned on both sides, adjust heat as necessary to get this result.
- 7Remove the slice from the skillet.
- 8Dip and cook the second slice the same way, but after flipping, top with cheese, ham and the other slice of toast in that order and cook until the second slice of toast is done.
- 9Serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clamdigger Breakfast Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 248.9 mg
- Sodium 967.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: