Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I dont know where the name came from, but this sandwich is great dispite whatever first impressions you get from it. My dad and I make these on cold winter days, and they cant be beat. They're fine for any meal of the day too.
- Spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and put on medium-high heat.
- Beat together egg and milk (and cinnamon and sugar if desired).
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture to coat and place it in the pan.
- You may need more egg mix to do both slices, but this is usually enough.
- Cook until toast is browned on one side, then flip.
- Cook on the other side until done in the middle and browned on both sides, adjust heat as necessary to get this result.
- Remove the slice from the skillet.
- Dip and cook the second slice the same way, but after flipping, top with cheese, ham and the other slice of toast in that order and cook until the second slice of toast is done.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Nice breakfast! Did this pretty much as written, but did NOT use the syrup. This sort of reminds me of a Monte Cristo sammie--but THIS is easier--yeah! *My Three Chefs Nov 09*