Recipe by rpgaymer
This is a fun, different cocktail that you probably won't find at a bar, as most places do not have Clamato juice and/or Squirt soda. I was surprised that there wasn't a recipe on the site yet, so here it is. (I edited the recipe to include muddling the first few ingredients- makes a big difference! Thanks boomette)
Top Review by Boomette
This is a good drink but I couldn't taste the lime and basil. So maybe it would be better to muddle them at first and then shake it all together. I used chipotle tabasco. Thanks rpgaymer :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 3 lime slices
- 5 basil leaves, sliced
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce (Cholula tastes great in this!)
- 4 ounces Clamato juice (or Camaronazo)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (Squirt or a generic, NOT 7-Up or Sprite)
- ice (as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lime slices, basil, & hot sauce in a shaker. With a muddler or long pestle, grind the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker for about 30 seconds.
- Add the clamato juice, tequila & ice. Shake well.
- Strain drink into glass with ice and top off with Squirt soda. Mix it a bit and serve.