Recipe by Oolala
From The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston. Here for future use. Sounds like an easy appetizer.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
DH and I loved these mushrooms-GREAT recipe! I used 1 package of mushrooms-about 14-and halved all ingredients except the clams-used all 8 oz. can. Very easy and very yummy!!! Next time I will only use a pinch of the mayo topping; a dollop was too rich for me (not DH). They baked for 15 minutes and I served w/ grilled steaks and potatoes- our dinner was wonderful! Thank you for a great recipe!!!
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can minced clams, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons green onions, the white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove mushroom stems (and reserve), leaving caps intact and set aside.
- Chop stems and saute in butter for 10 minutes.
- Add clams, onions, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard; place a dollop on each mushroom.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.