Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request-please let me know how you like it.
- 20 cherrystone clams or 20 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 5 cups fish stock or 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium carrot, juliened
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped to medium
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, juliened
- 16 slices orange rind, no pith,juliened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan add together the clams and stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes-you want the clams open.
- If any didnt throw them out.
- Add the carrots, tomato, mushroom, onions, parsley and soy sauce.
- Return pot to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the orange pepper strips, orange peels and red pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
- *youcan use a can of clams with juice if you cant get fresh clams, or want more in your bowl.
I loved this soup. I did have to change things somewhat due to lack of ingredients. I used lobster base instead of fish broth, no mushrooms (they had turned), and tangerine peel instead of orange. Otherwise I followed the recipe to the letter and it's a recipe we all agreed we will be making again.