Epi Curious's Note:
From "Dinosaur Barbeque, An American Roadhouse" by John Stage and Nancy Radke. The book says, "Shellfish lovers drool over the drunken-sweet richness of the sea infusing every inch of this dish. You can use clams, shrimp and scallops or substitute your own favorites: mussels, oysters or even some firm-fleshed fish. Just be sure to serve the pan roast with a spoon and plenty of good bread to sop up all the tasty sauce."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce (use Mutha Sauce, recipe posted separately on this site)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-3/4 lb shrimp, in the shell
- 1/2 lb sea scallops (preferably dry-packed)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1Give the clams a good scrubbing, discarding any with cracked or open shells. Set aside.
- 2Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan that you can cover later.
- 3Throw in the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Pour in the clam juice, wine and Mutha Sauce.
- 5When the mixture is bubbling, add the clams.
- 6Cover and cook til the clams open, 3 to 5 minutes. Pull out the clams as they open and keep them warm. (Throw out any clams that don't open.).
- 7Boil and reduce the pan juices over high heat for about 8 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle in the red pepper and season up the sauce with Worcerstershire.
- 9Toss in the shrimp and scallops. Simmer until they're cooked and have just turned opaque, about 4 minutes.
- 10Swirl in the cream and basil.
- 11Return the clams to the pan and gently stir together all the shellfish.
- 12Sprinkle with parsley and serve steaming hot.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam, Shrimp and Scallop Pan Roast
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 717.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.8 g