Creamy, clammy, delicious. Giovanni Avella
Make and share this Clam Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- In a 2 quart saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute minced shallots in butter until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and cook until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add the wine and cook until nearly dry.
- Add one cup of hot, not boiling, clam juice.
- Stir the rice continually as it cooks.
- When the rice absorbs all the juice add another cup and continue to stir the rice.
- Continue in this manner until you add the last cup of clam juice.
- At this time the rice should be fully cooked. If not add a little water and continue to stir and cook until the rice is just cooked through.
- Next, add the clam meat and cook for one minute.
- Add the cream and season the rice to taste.
- Cook for one additional minute.
- Serve immediately.
If you like clams, you'll love this! It does take lots of time and effort, but it's worth it. You'll be rewarded with a great, different side dish. The clam juice gives it a great clam flavor. It didn't need much salt at all because of the clam juice. I will make this again, and next time I'm going to double the amount of clams! Thanx for posting this.