Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe was in my mother's box of recipes. I moved her and my dad to a retirement home in June. There is a written message on top of this that says it is my Aunt Corryne's recipe. I am trying to save all her recipes online.
Top Review by Chef Kate
I too used smoked clams and added some garlic along with the (red) onion. Delicious on crackers toasted in the oven but also quite good after sitting a while to let the flavors develop and then spread at room temp on crackers.
- 1 (4 -6 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion, scraped
- 1 egg white, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend drained clams and cream cheese.
- Add seasoning and fold in well beaten egg white.
- Drop by teaspoons on crisp crackers and slip under broiler until puffy with golden brown touches.
- Serve immediately.
- May omit egg white and spread on toast.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and slip under broiler to brown.