Clam & Prawn Sauce With Asparagus
- Boil large pot of water for pasta.
- Heat olive oil at medium heat in large stove-top pot. Add onion and prepared garlic. Stir until onion is soft.
- Add chowder, gradually stir in milk. Stir in clams with liquid. Add cream cheese in chunks. Add lemon juice. Simmer and stir until cream cheese blends in to sauce. Add parmesan cheese and fresh pepper, stir and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and toss. Sprinkle with basil.
- Add shrimp to pasta sauce and heat through.
- Break off the end nodes of asparagus, rinse in colander and place in a microwave safe casserole with lid. Cook at high for 5 minutes. Let stand.
- Microwave asparagus at high for 2 additional minutes just before serving. Add a little salt and butter.