Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a recipe I've had for at least 30 years. My sister gave it to me way back when. I've tweaked it just a bit. Brown rice makes this super healthy, but I also like to use an arborio rice sometimes for a change of pace. This actually goes a long way and fills you up pretty well. Great for the diet-conscious.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can baby clams or 2 (6 ounce) canschopped clams, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or 1 cup cooked arborio rice