Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve up a classic Italian pasta dish with this simple recipe for spaghetti with a tasty clam sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chile, finely sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 8 ounces fresh clams
- spaghetti, freshly cooked, to serve
- parsley, finely chopped, for sprinkling
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the garlic, chili and cherry tomatoes and fry, stirring now and then, for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, then add in the clams, mixing together.Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the clams have opened (discarding any that haven't opened).
- Place the drained spaghetti in a serving bowl and top with the clam mixture. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve at once.
I really enjoyed this and it was fairly easy to make. The only thing I did was pull out the clams and cut them into smaller pieces before serving. I will definitely make it again.