Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy to make recipe that has a very nice clam taste. I developed this recipe many years ago and it has been enjoyed by all that have tried it.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 fluid ounces canned baby clams, include liquid
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces linguine, dry
- 4 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add chopped garlic and saute gently until just golden, about 1 to 2 minutes: DO NOT BROWN.
- Add clams including liquid, cayenne, oregano and lemon juice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and continue to simmer for 1 minute longer.
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Drain and transfer cooked linguine to a large serving bowl.
- Pour prepared sauce over pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
This was so EASY and YUMMY! I too, modified it from the original replacing 1/2c of clam juice with white wine and adding 6 medium sliced brown button mushrooms. It turned out great! My honey was very impressed. I would totally make this again!
this was outstanding. I only changed the recipe by adding some more garlic. I used 8 cloves and cooked it a little bit longer by a half hour. I recommend this recipe.
It was easy. and fairly yummy. i found it too spicy (i don't like spicy food at all), and will make it again - but i'll leave out the cayenne pepper. I also recommend using a good jar/can of clam's, or you won't taste it.