Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Steamed clams in the shell, with a butter and garlic cream sauce! Try it atop a bed of fettuccine noodles for a tasty meal!
- 24 clams
- 1 tablespoon chives (dried or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced (or hand crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Get out your biggest frying pan, and add the water, clams, chives, garlic, basil, and butter.
- Cook on medium heat until clams pop open, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix cold milk and cornstarch, pour into cooking clam mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. reduce heat to low, add tomatoes and olives; stir.
- Sprinkle with the pepper.