1/1 Photo of Clam Fritters With Dilly Pesto Dip
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Do you like Indian Fry Bread? I have taken this idea for this bread to turn it into claim fritters and accompanying dip. This is a great recipe to load a crockpot on warm setting with the fritters and have the cold dip next to it for an appetizer party. This dip can be used with any baked or fried fish. Chilling or Cooling time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained reserve juice
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1Mix all dip ingredients in the order listed. Cover and refrigerate in a crockery or metal bowl.
- 2It is best to refrigerate 4-6 hours. If you can't, cool at least an hour before serving.
- 3In large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and powdered milk.
- 4Add shortening and cut in with pastery cutter or two forks.
- 5Mix in nutmeg and confectionary sugar. Mix well.
- 6Add drained claims.
- 7Measure reserved juice for 2 tblsps.claim juice.
- 8Add to the mixture.
- 9Slowly pour and mix warm water to the mixture and mix.
- 10Dough will be sticky. If it isn't add a little more liquid carefully.
- 11Sprinkle 2 tblsps flour on surface in a large circle.
- 12Turn out sticky dough on floured surface.
- 13Knead until dough is soft and smooth, not sticky. Sprinkle more flour if necessary.
- 14on the surface when you kneading or a little flour on the dough.
- 15Form into 2 inch balls. Place on a lightly floured dish. Form the balls all at once.
- 16Heat oil to 375* in fry pan or if you have a deep fryer heatto 375* for the oil required for that appliance.
- 17When oil is ready, flatten each ball to 5 to 6 inches and slide the flatten disk into the oil. Fry on one side.
- 18about 2 minutes, then flip over to cook the other side. It will not take quite as long.
- 19Drain on paper towels. Keep Warm. Or, reheat when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Fritters With Dilly Pesto Dip
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1460.5
- Calories from Fat 1259
- Total Fat 139.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 525.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: